Friday, January 3, 2014

DUST by Patricia Cornwell *****

Large book and good reading. Not as much angst as the last one but I'd really like more murder details than inner blahblah. I would recommend buying it. Scarpetta is not quite the prom/drama queen of the last book so it's an improvement.

Page 450 a boy watches his mom bathe he's wearing a cast on his arm. This is 3 days before his mom dies and he vanishes. Next page Kay/Benton wonder how the kid with broken arm killed his mother, the verbal response from Scarpetta was she didn't want to call "his" mom again and ask. IS SHE NOT DEAD? DID SHE NOT DIE?? I don't get those pages.
What happened to kid with cast? huh?

Everyone seems much more balanced, Kay, Benton, Lucy and Marino. I read murder mysteries mostly for the murders and details and the thrill of the chase. This book doesn't really fit in that category. Only ONE murder is dissected to any degree really and the chase wasn't really shared with the reader. WHY. WHY THE HELL did Granby a cop or head of some agency become so involved with a killer? PLEASE TELL ME. Geez. Leaving unsatisfied.

I gave it 5 stars, I liked it but she's not one of my top 10 favorite writers for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment