Sunday, January 26, 2014

UNLEASHED by David Rosenfelt ****

I enjoyed the story line pretty much, I wasn't crazy about sometimes using first names then in the following chapter using last names, but aside from that it was easy to follow the basics. The story flowed nicely. Most of the characters were well developed but there were a LOT of people. I sort of went "bad", "good" and tried to keep that in order in my head. It's difficult to read a book over days and remember so many people. It's hard when you read yourself to sleep, the next morning I had to begin a chapter over again to remember who was good, bad or ugly.

In the end someone was faking being someone's wife and I had no clue what was going on there. Who told her to act like the wife? Did the guy have a wife? Did he know she was posing as his wife? Wasn't he dead? Where was the real wife? I mean I tried to keep track of people but very often they got lost like that.

Story is a mystery involving a female cop, her attorney husband, and a couple friends. They have to solve the problem because other people they keep wanting to talk to end up dead before they get a chance to talk to them or after for having spoken to them so they know the framework is a big one. I still don't understand what all the trading off of money from people to banks to another bank etc. was about. Left me in the dark there, made it seem like the story was chopped in half. Half for the money being moved around and half for the mystery of dead people. Trying not to give anything away here.

It was basically well written with some 'what the hells' I would get it at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment