Tuesday, March 18, 2014

SANDRINE'S CASE by Thomas H. Cook *****

At first I didn't know what the story was about but as I continued on I realized it was a first person story about a guy Samuel Madison who is facing murder charges for the death of his wife Sandrine. This isn't exactly a murder mystery, I would say it's more a literary love story told by someone who has forgotten what love is and is forced by the death of his wife to face what she had to face before her death.

I liked the book a lot, I wanted to read the next page and the next. I was engrossed in it and all the characters were well defined with different personalities and different motives. They are so solidly built by the author you almost can recognize them if you met on the street. I think the author has a great talent in that.

Good style of writing, easy to read and not hard to re-enter after you've put it down for awhile. I kept trying to read more and more of it as I was drifting to sleep, next day I had to go back a few pages to recover what I didn't remember. Highly recommend the book. I would buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment