Thursday, March 13, 2014

SUMMER DEATH by Mons Kallentoft **

I tried really hard to like this book, I read past 100 pages. The writer thinks we need to know about EVERYthing in EVERYBODY's mind. It so sucks. People are boring generally and I'm sick of how hot it is, how the sun burns everyone's eyes and everyone left to go on vacation. It's repetitive to the max which increases my reason to close it. How many times is the main character Malin going to think about all the dead or raped victims and try to put them all together? Page filler me thinks. Means boring fall asleep reading even when you don't want to.

Excerpt:
Do  I want to remember? What happened still exists, even though I can't remember it, doesn't it?
Soon I'll be able to go home.
I shall lie on the porch and try to remember, I shall whisper to myself; remember, remember, remember!

The earth above me, does it have any memories?
I know why I'm here now. 
Where I am.
I'm Theresa
It must be the night up there. I can't hear any voices of people swimming.
And I'm sleeping here, aren't I"
How did this happen?
Why am I sleeping here?
What are my dreams now?

Geezus the entire novel is filled with garbage in garbage out. I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment