Thursday, June 25, 2015

The FOLD by Peter Clines *****

Wow, this book was really good. There were a few items I waited patiently to be explained to me which never was. This is about a secret experiment where time is folded and people pass from one set of rings to another about half mile away. Things are being inspected by a really smart guy for the investor. Lots of things go wrong while he's there and the first thing he notices is that people going in aren't the same people coming back. They are "different". Since this is the case I want to know if the other dimensions had people also building this doorway, what was it like in their earth and how did it differ?

These questions are never answered, I also hated the "ants" in the guys head, it was too distracting. That's his fanciful way of thinking I guess but it went over poorly for me. Also if he's not thinking with ants fighting in his brain he has injuries and the pain is always described as fishhooks. WTF? Who describes any pain at all as fishhooks? So am I to believe the newly discovered 'life' from another dimension inserted fishhooks inside him? Or WTF???? Really irritating. Otherwise if you can sort of try to put that stupid ass stuff out of your head and just go along with the bizarre tale you'll probably like it as much as I did. It's SyFy and I like that type of thing if done right. This was done without enough explanations. Didn't anyone who read for him tell him they wanted more information about where the 'new' improved versions of people came from??? Drove me nuts till the end.

I would still recommend the book. It's pretty good despite what I see as failures to fill in the blanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment