Tuesday, June 9, 2015

THIEF by Mark Sullivan ***

This book was so so for me. I didn't mind all the macho men but could have seen tougher women, to balance crap out. Meantime all the women are scientists or nuns or wimpy boot lickers.

So every paragraph the guy named (Robin) Monarch is called "The thief" like EVERY paragraph and it gets wearying. I mean come on, the title of the book tells me he's a freaking thief why over and over and over again? What's the point? Think I'm so stupid I am going to forget in the next paragraph when you mention Monarch that I won't know he's the freaking thief? WTF?

Ok, never mind that. A nun who has done much good in the world according to Robin is kidnapped until he finds the fountain of youth which the scientists think they've found in a very remote part of Africa or some other remote place like that. Whatever. Lots of killing, shooting and mindless idiocy until our hero frees the nun and people decide not to interfere in the life of the primitives living over 100 yrs. The end. That about sums it up except for all the death. Wasn't 100% into it. Read it slow, skipped pages accidentally but didn't try to find where I was, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment