Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ABOVE THE LAW by Tim Green ***

Just about to open it and the title should have been on the last book I read. Back to ya later.


Starts off fast. Boss says to gringo, you come running to screw my wife then the idiot goes hunting with him before sunrise. O dead gringo -surprise! 


We switch locales rather fast; woods, law office, dead gringos house, back to law office then to dead gringos brother..I'm dizzy and only on page 24. Lotta people. A PI has "teeth like sharp blades" really? "Eyelashes flutter with a tic?" Mr. Beautiful works for the lead character Casey, and every woman on earth wants him bad- except her. Of course. 


Gringos brother is huge, steriod gang creature who is so tough he "can take care of his own". HAHAHA speaks well about his DEAD brother doesn't it?? Ok. I do not believe you. But off he goes ingratiating himself to get a job with the killer for his revenge. The sheriff shoots him. 


The story is about, yet again, corruption. The senator or sheriff, the whatever whoever manipulating and greedy. Killing and browbeating the downtrodden.


One page has Senator Chase, heroine Casey, Norman Case. Ok, lets move along on the alphabet.


The writing is ok, the descriptions ok, the action scenes I am amused by because I don't really care about anyone. Don't care. 


As I got closer to the end and stuff was coming together I at least felt a little more towards some characters. I gotta say tho, without giving it all away, the ending for me was a disappointment. I would have preferred justice in the hands of the lead characters. The way it ended I felt let down, he chose an easier moral ground for them. No balls. JMO





No comments:

Post a Comment