Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The STRAIN by Del Toro & Hogan ****

With 2 writers I'm hoping it's good- beginning now...
So far it's very good. Nice descriptions, people are indepth and real.


Plane stops after landing and all on board are apparently deceased. Instead ETA is DOA. The procedures seem authentic for plane and mysterious diseases. The protagonist sounds capable and intelligent. Of course 'strain' and the empty coffin are swinging towards vampires. It's unusually realistic preceding the disease- as far as vampire stories go.


I found the child custody issue to be anti-women stereotypical cliche angry-male perspective but hell maybe I'm reading too much into the bitchy wife and inane new boyfriend stuff. But dad took off during kid weekend to work. Reasonable excuse?


O my, people who were assumed dead on the airline are all missing! Everyone PANIC!


I'm more than half way thru it and am enjoying the book. Good writing, nice flow to the story. Nothing interfering with my in-the-head movie. I am biting my nails and not falling asleep quickly; stupid vampires!


Good read. It has no finish. There is a world of vampires and I suppose a sequel is in order. I prefer a book with an ending. It's nice you guys want me to buy the next book but I don't trust you now. There will never be an ending, you'll just go on and on forever and I don't want to be on the never-ending ride. I only wanted the short trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment