Thursday, February 11, 2010

SCREEN SHOT by John Darrin ****

Begins with a unique idea, some interesting background info on the characters. They seem memorable and distinct from each other. The story is about an online live murder and continues in that manner. The murderer actually has a job and is accountable for his/her time. Usually I wonder how the murderer can be in 100 places at once without any travel time, no job or family...it's cliche and not believable.


Good descriptions, nice background info without interference. The story moves along progressively without painful flashbacks. So far I'm enjoying it. I would like a little more info on personality thru dialogue of the lead characters but still early and hoping that will come. I'm not inundated with minor people, names, places and past histories. Right to the story and action.


I enjoyed the book, only glitch I could see is lead character talks on the phone all the time with, then meets murderer and later can't recognize his voice, has no clue at all he met him. I prefer someone intelligent enough that if he can solve a crime he's suspicious enough to feel at least something when he speaks to then meets the criminal.









1 comment: