Saturday, February 4, 2012

77 SHADOW STREET by Dean Koontz ***

I had a lot of trouble getting involved in this very confusing story line. Mostly narrative (95%), and often boring or repetitive. You get chapters of people and then their stories. They all live at the Pendleton hotel. Which has had a bloody murderous past. How that relates to the future story line I got no clue. Did these things happen by future travel as well? How when they occured hundreds of yrs ago? I AM CONFUSED.

Some scientist living in the building works with nano particles and changes the future somehow. So this building has been traveling to the future every 38 years starting in the 1800s (why? I haven't got a frickin clue) and this time you get to see these people dealing with what they experience in the future. People die,  people are heroic, people do a lot of stuff. Mostly causing all the chaos to begin with. In my humble opinion people suck is what I got from it all but I'm already leaning there anyways so I'm sure it's unintended.

So wrapping it up: too much narrative, too much boring "WTF" is happening stuff, there are of course a crazy musician in the house, a song writer, a scientist, 2 old bats with cats, autistic kid, another kid. Kids who try to save the day or have important visions that try to save the day. Famous people, the upper crust of the crust.

I wasn't bowled over by the book. It was so-so far as I can tell. Ok library find.

No comments:

Post a Comment