Sunday, September 23, 2012

The MESSENGER by Stephen Miller *

I'm half thru the boring  book. You don't really need to read the first half, it's redundant and boring. Some stupid refugee dimwit decides to carry smallpox into the US. So you get to travel around on her plane ride, her walks, her boring and mindless contaminating of people and things. I mean BORING. Just BORING the shit out of me. Meanwhile some other guy named Sam Watterman has a sick wife at home and some background with terrorism in anthrax and other ways to poison communities.
So they grab him one night, say nothing else, plop him whereever they want for a couple days and you get to hear how absolutely bored HE IS??? C'mon, I'm ready to get drunk and cry myself to sleep here. I'm half thru the book and it's so mindless I can't stand it.

Daria is bad; Sam is good; then start your reading after Day 6 you still get the basics without the boredom. Hate it. I hope I can get past the dreadful parts just in case something happens.....it's so boring it frustrates me for 110 pages or more. Just deadly dull. I don't care about anyone at this point. They could all go up in smoke and I'm not invested in one person.

So like I said above, I finished it. Just begin after page 110. Once you get going from there it's not too horrid. I've read similar stories, much much better ones. There isn't one likable character in this story except the dying wife cuz there is NO interaction with her at all. Otherwise everyone is an asshole.
This guy cannot create characters. He makes puppets who have strings pulled. They have no feelings, no passions, no voice. They're all robotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment