Monday, September 29, 2014

I REMEMBER YOU by Yrsa Sigurdardottir **

The book was as confusing to me as the pronunciation of the author's name. I want a book to grab my attention quickly, this book did not. It's slow as molasses going uphill on a cold winter day. I was on chapter two or three and cops are in  a classroom taking prints and pictures so I assume that someplace in this mess of kindergarten toy crap is going to be a body. Wrong.

It never quite got me interested. I closed the book after I realized no one died. Chapter three each paragraph begins: Katrin sat on the edge of the porch. Katrin opened her eyes and stretched. Katrin shifted position on the porch and tried to spot blahblah. She peered again through the yellowed sea of vegetation. Too much boring narrative. I don't have the most patience for reading stuff like this. Done with it and it's slow boring crawl to some ghost story at some future point in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment