Sunday, September 28, 2014

The LITTER OF THE LAW by Rita Mae Brown ***

Barely tolerable for me. Sounds like an old bat over 100 wrote it and has no understanding or view of the world as it now is. She should back date it taking place in 1935. For one thing I am so sick and tired of religion in my mystery novels. This one goes back to the beginning, like the big bang with explanations of every religion. If anyone goes to church in these books in the future leave me at home please am sick of your religious crap. I hate this shit. If I want to read religious books I will. This is supposedly a MYSTERY.

This author mainly concentrates on gossip, a dead body here and there with absolutely no crime scene investigations what so ever which is one of the reasons I enjoy mysteries. What the hell is up with corn and pumpkins, eating food not treated with chemicals and cats following the owner around wherever she goes. Absurd. Cats aren't like that. Would you take your cat food shopping with you? Or let it out of the car at your friends house and call it to the car when you want to go home?? Didn't think so. This is almost, very close to animal cruelty.

So she "dumps" her animals off everywhere she goes and expects them to be following her around. They are ANIMALS. If any of her cats saw a squirrel running across a road buh bye kitty.

This is so full of crap information the book is a useless boring read FOR ME. I don't appreciate the inner most thoughts and daily chores of everyone in Crozet or wherever the F* she lives. It's readable, there are a ton of people in it. People with the strangest names they could only be fictional: Harry is a female really named Mary. So when does she begin being called Harry after her marriage to Fair <--lol before="" harristeen="" or="" p="">
Then there's Boomboom (I can only picture her as that human Barbie doll person) Coop a cop, Big and little Mim. WTF is a mim?? Tazio, Hester (1935 see?), Wesley, Buddy Janss, Seth Isman even the animal names are cruel "Casenovia" ? Lucy Fur? Elocution?

Aside from that I'm stuck with only a couple books, I'm 100 pages into it and I suppose since the sweetest, friendliest, person got murdered with a friend of hers I'll continue on making believe I'm liking it. I need some CSI lady. This is boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment