Friday, September 19, 2014

STAND UP GUY by Stuart Woods ***

Well I don't think Stone Barrington stands up much cuz he's alway screwing some bimbo he just met or knows from his past or whatever.  So I don't get the title. Anywho some blonde gets "kidnapped" and he needs to deliver 5 million to the kidnappers. She's not really kidnapped and he got the bills in twenty's and tens. That's a lotta counting.

The story is brief, short chapters, lots of names to remember for the size of the novel, and there are barely any narratives or descriptions thus assuming you've read his books and know all about Barrington's life. Personally I didn't like the screwing in about each chapter or every 2,000 words but who would? I guess he thinks he has to entertain the men readers cuz I wasn't entertained.

If you cut the fucking and got the story straight up it would be a very short novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment