Wednesday, September 24, 2014

MOVING TARGET by J.A. Jance ****

I have no idea why it's called moving target. I didn't see anyone moving anywhere. The company people trying to solve the problem were moving a lot but weren't a target.

Some genius kid and his teacher develop a computer program everyone wants. Suddenly lots of people are showing up dead like his teacher, ex girlfriend (who also screwed his 15 yo brother), a nun and priest guard this genius when he's in the hospital for burns and a lost leg that someone caused him by setting him on fire. There were a lot of death and abductions with everyone abducted surviving. Somehow I'm led to believe this computer program has something to do with a gang? I think? I guess they're connected to some high company owners who want his program. I didn't really get the gang angle, the dope dealers.

I always say if you want something kill everyone to get it. Yup. That makes the person who has it much more willing to give it to you. The kid Lance gave an early prototype to the bad guys and it needed another password in 6 hrs or would disintegrate so that sort of pissed them off.

I'm so so on whether I enjoyed it or just read it cuz I had nothing else. The story moved around a  lot from one problem to another and Ms Jance picked a bunch of confusing names beginning with L besides the one name B, yes that's a name. She writes a lot and must use the dictionary to keep up with naming everyone. Lance, Leland, LeAnne, Lawrence, Langston, some of the other people had L's in their name like Ali, Daniel, Phyllis. There are a lot of people in the story but at least they appear slowly and some go away permanently but I hate too many names in my mysteries.

This was almost fast moving and had a lot of different angles so I gave it 4 stars. I would borrow it from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment