Sunday, June 20, 2010

The DISAPPEARED by Hall

I cannot continue cuz I'm bored to tears and keep drifting to sleep while I'm trying to read this. About a coroner and 2 disappeared boys 7 yrs ago presumed to be dead muslims without any proof whatsoever of their religion or death. The mom of one calls Five-O daily with "I'm being watched" histrionics and is ignored by the coroner who is herself ignored by everyone else.

Every trail to find out what happened has pages of nothing going on. Then one of the coroner's bodies in the morgue disappears. Not one time is she examining anything at all. She's on a quest roaming hill and dale or on the phone getting brushed off. Or her assistant is brushing her off. The entire novel up to now is basically about how to brush off and give no information to whatever a coroner is in Bloody Olde England. Around here she'd have a scalpel, a body on a cart and would be telling me what someone died of. In England she's a bore. I tried and tried to be interested but just couldn't work up once ounce of GAS.

Buh Bye Boring as hell writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment