Thursday, June 3, 2010

The BONE THIEF by Jefferson Bass ****

I read these co-authors all the time, they write about the body farm. There are some loose strings at the end which I don't like..where is the ex pregger? The lead character Dr. Brockton gets dragged around on a missing-body-in-the-casket case to find body parts sold on the black market, the FBI asks him to help. Something about this book I just didn't feel it for some reason. It was pretty clinical and methodically written so it took me awhile to plod thru it.

The action scenes were ok but I think everything could have been better. The doc isn't emotional, he's too removed mentally from his own actions. From a previous book relationship with a murderer (he has GREAT taste in women BTW) whom he knocked up -she's younger than his son if I remember correctly -and she is 'disappeared'. He's a real pig when it comes to women. Totally unprofessional but isn't that how most men deal? If it moves they'll screw it. Also his co-worker who he's been with for YEARS, he can't tell about his secret FBI work- so she quits? Overdone much? And applies to work for the competition? Something just wasn't real about that for me. If there is some explanation for her weirdness get into her head or something cuz it all seems so puppet-on-a-string to me.

NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment