Monday, June 14, 2010

IN BIG TROUBLE by Laura Lippman *

For starters her frickin' name overpowers the cover by half then in small letters you have the headline crunched together barely legible at the bottom. Not a good sign. Let. Me. See. What is more important...the story? or the author? Ummmmm WRONG LAURA!

I'm reading history lessons, blahblahblah. Up to page 18 and really have had enough of her past life, everyone else's past life including Daniel Boone's. You can go either way- mine: Boring as all hell or USA Today (they read books?) who say she's "A Writing Powerhouse." Your call but I don't see me finishing this one unless something interesting happens. So far NOT. She gets an old news article in the mail of her old boyfriend (who used to have dreadlocks. Purple ones. See, I don't know him yet and I don't GAS). WHOOPEE DOO then lead character Tess is so excited about it she climbs the Washington monument and I gotta hear about that for a page or two.

Got as far as women, children and dogs eating pie and boring the shit out of me. All done. Finis.

No comments:

Post a Comment