Friday, December 7, 2012

POTBOILER by Jesse Kellerman *

I was reading along about an author, Arthur, who wrote one book, his friend, William, a very popular writer disappears and he finds a manuscript unpublished left behind by him. Arthur has always been in love with Williams wife since college. Meantime I'm not going to give you the ridiculously spelled names everyone has. They are too bizarre to have to read thru never mind pass them along here. Screw it. I hate names I can't figure out how to pronounce in every paragraph. Still tho I was enjoying the story about how he was sending secret code he had no idea about thru the new novels he was given to write.

THEN hit chapter 56 and I'm done. I couldn't figure out anything after that. Had no intention of reading it or bothering myself with it. The whole thing looked like one person wrote half the book and some creepy weird person came into the room and wrote the rest. Seems to be about unrest in some foreign tiny coountry nobody GAS about. Me neither. I flipped thru pages and pages and finally get to chapter 86 which is back to being almost readable.

The wife Carlotta is being held prisoner until he does something. I have no idea what and don't care. I may finish it I probably won't. Stupid ass book with stupid ass premise and stupid ass people's names. Must have been some creeptoids nightmare and aren't we privileged to read it. YUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment